Calling all K-POP TV viewers! The Northern California Cherry Blossom Queen Program Committee is looking for enthusiastic, young women to participate in their 2018 Northern California Cherry Blossom Queen Program!
The Northern California Cherry Blossom Queen Program will be take place on April 14th, 2018 at which time the new 2018 Queen and Court will be selected. The 51st annual Northern California Cherry Blossom Festival will be running concurrently in San Francisco’s Japantown for two weekends in April as well.
Want to join in? Here’s how you can apply to become the Cherry Blossom Queen!
The Queen Program Committee is seeking qualified young women:
- Who will serve as the Goodwill Ambassadors for the Japanese American Community of Northern California for one calendar year.
- Who will endeavor to preserve, promote and perpetuate the Japanese-American culture through active participation in civic and community events.
- Who will uphold the highest values and morals as role models for today’s youth while striving to preserve the traditions and values of past Japanese American generations.
Qualified Candidates must:
- Be biologically female of at least 18 years of age and not more than 26 years of age as of April 14th, 2018.
- Graduate from high school by June 2018.
- Be single, not previously married and not have any children.
- Be of at least 50% Japanese Ancestry.
- Be a United States citizen having lived in the Northern California area for at least 3 years OR be a foreign national with permanent status of at least one year and lived in the Northern California area for at least three years OR be a foreign national residing in the Northern California area for at least three years.
In order to apply, you must submit a personal statement of no more than 250 words to the question: “What does the Japanese American Community of Northern California and the Northern California Cherry Blossom Festival mean to me?”
In addition, you must also submit a speech of no more than 200 words, typed in English or Japanese (translated), on the following subject: “As part of this Court and a future community leader, how do I hope to contribute to the Northern California Japanese American Community?”
The deadline to apply for the Northern California Cherry Blossom Queen Program become is December 15th, 2017. You can apply online here, or send written applications and information to:
c/o Union Bank
1675 Post Street,
San Francisco, Ca.
Attention Mrs. Glenda Okamura
For further information or other requirements, you can visit the Cherry Blossom Queen Program’s website or their Facebook page. Any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Ms. Miki Novitski at (650) 642-4747.
Best of luck to all K-POP TV viewers who are entering and we’ll see you at the crowning in April 2018!